Monday, May 10, 2010

A new season

This week, for the first time I had the privilege of leading into study and fellowship a group of outstanding christian women. All different ages and all of them my peers. I felt very under qualified to be leading such awesome ladies, that for the most part have watched me grow up..
When I think about learning God's ways I feel like there are no age barriers between us... there are only more chances to learn and grow.. I love to sit with other women and hear the different things they talk about. I guess this goes all the way back to when I was very young and went with my mother to ladies dinners, baby showers, or even the occasional cry on my shoulder time... I listened so intently though not knowing what impact it had on me... The number one thing I have always heard women say to one another is "will you pray for me?" And now that I am older and those words are said to me quite often I wonder how many times we say I will and then don't.. Lifting up others in prayer changes the life of the one who is praying as well as the person requesting prayer... I know for me as a very young girl my mother prayed over me at night after I had fallen asleep, one night I awoke and thought she was very strange for doing this, now as a mother I lay my son down for bed and pray with him then pray over him(now she is not so strange).. It gives me peace of mind. It helps me sleep at night. Prayer has changed me. Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. knowing that our brothers and sister are praying for us help beyopund measure. but as for people saying that they are going to pray for someone, you are coreect that not everyone that says it will actually do it. one of the things that i do is only ask for my intercricle to pray for me. the prayers of the righteous availith much

    ReplyDelete